The floggings shall continue until moral improves!

This past Memorial Day weekend was, as some might say, action packed. We got to see our friends Sean and Chayna get married (and Christina was a bridesmaid), I got to hang out with Billy and Justin, and we got some painting and Ikea'ing done.

Billy helped me finish painting the ceiling in the kitchen (finally done) and then he and Justin and I did the normal thing we do when we're together: Walker Texas Ranger and Commando (greatest Arnold movie ever). All the while Christina was getting her bridesmaid on and helping Chayna prepare for her wedding (which was a lot of fun).

Sunday after the wedding Billy, Christina, and I went to Ikea in sunny Carson, CA and spent the better part of 3 hours shopping and packing cars, eventually leading to the realization that the Fit is not as big inside as I thought. We ended up strapping some desktops to the roof of my car and slowly made it back to Camarillo. But enough about my weekend.

Billy and I threw together the new kitchen island and shelf and called it a day. The next day Billy said farewell, headed back up to Woodland, and Christina and I continued working; her sanding the walls of the living room and I repairing a couple of sprinkler heads in the backyard (tenatively repaired...pending further testing). We have since painted the bulk of the living room walls and ceiling. Now it's filling in the wall/ceiling borders and applying second coats as needed.

On a final note, the carpet is coming in tomorrow! Finally we can walk on something a) not blue and b) with a pad not composed of what feels like newspaper and sawdust. We'll keep you all posted.

Oh yah, we also got our washer/dryer and oven.

Comments

  1. The island is very cute! I'm glad you guys are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ted,

    Looks like you guys are doing some nice work! Hey, where did you get that island? I could use one like that at my place!

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve - We got the center island at Ikea, so far so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts