Plans for this weekend


We've taken a couple of days off this week from (ahem) hardcore painting to simpler things like setting up the office and not painting. It's been nice to take a break but we're back at it, finishing up the painting in the living room and prepping for the floor installation. Jeff and Lauren came by today to bring us food (In and Awesome Out) and take a look at the progress of the house (thanks again guys).

So as to work, Christina went about putting finishing touches and a second coat on the wall/ceiling intersection while I removed the old baseboard, cleaned up, and went to Lowe's (which isn't very convenient anymore since it's in Ventura). I also finished up the remainder of the ceiling, to which I say thank God. Painting large ceilings was bulking up my shoulders to the point I can hardly lift my arms over my head without my shoulder bumping my ear, but I digress.

We're looking at another hour of paint touchup and then flooring cleaning, prep, and a Costco run for 19 boxes of Brazillian cherrywood. Tomorrow should be interesting; we'll keep you posted.

Comments

  1. Now the house looks too good for Buddy to visit. He is messy, so hopefully he can chew branches in the yard instead. Try not to plant anything delicate. Think of the movie Marley & Me. ~Juliet & Nick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts